Alpha Catalyst Consulting and MINDA brought in the Innovating Malaysia Conference 2014 Keynote Speaker, Professor Jean-Philippe Deschamps. Professor Deschamps talked about “Innovation Governance in Practice – How Top Management Promote, Steer and Sustain Innovation”.
The Tea Talk was attended by Chairmen, Directors and CEOs.
Professor Jean-Philippe Deschamps focuses his research, teaching and consulting activities on the management of innovative new products with an emphasis on:
• Managing products and technologies strategically
• Linking technology and product strategies
• Managing innovation and product development as a process
• Building an innovation culture
• Setting up innovation management mechanisms
• Leading and governing innovation at top management and board level, i.e. promoting, steering and sustaining innovation
Prior to joining IMD Business School Switzerland, Professor Deschamps was based in Brussels as a corporate Vice-President with Arthur D. Little, and Chairman of the firm’s technology and innovation management practice, which he created in 1981. Before that, he was Arthur D. Little’s first European practice leader for strategy and organisation. He has nearly forty years of international management consulting experience throughout Europe, North America, Asia and the Middle-East.
Professor Deschamps has also written numerous articles and books, where one of the books he co-authored “Product Juggernauts” has been listed on the best-selling list of the Harvard Business School Press.
The ISPIM (International Society for Professional Innovation Management) conference was held on 7-10 December, 2014 in Singapore.
Keynote and plenary speakers included :